- Pivotal Greenplum Database (GPDB) 4.3.x
- Operating System- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Command Center 3.x and 2.x
Attempting to connect to command center returns the error "User xxxx is not allowed to login Command Center,"
This issue is caused as the user is defined to be authenticated as "Trust" and not using md5 or Password.
- Open "pg_hba.conf"
- Navigate to the appropriate tag which is used to authenticate the user.
For example, in the above case:
The connection to command center was controlled for "gpmon" user using the method below:
host gpperfmon gpmon ::1/128 trust
- Change the authentication type to md5 or password and reload the configuration using "gpstop -u" and try to connect again to command center using the user.