- Pivotal Greenplum Database (GPDB) 4.3.x
- Operating System- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.x
When gpload is installed on a new system, and the following error is displayed, saying python modules are missing, this resolution should help.
gpload was unable to import The PyGreSQL Python module (pg.py) - No module named pygresql
Most likely, the greenplum_loaders_path has not been sourced correctly.
1. Find the greenplum_loader_path.sh
find / -name greenplum_loaders_path.sh
2. Source the greenplum_loaders_path.sh file
After sourcing the path, there may be further errors such as:
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
gpload needs pyyaml.
This may be caused by other incorrect configurations in the user environment. Some troubleshooting steps to help resolve this include:
- Review the .bashrc script for the user and look for different python paths that may be loaded.
- Create a new Linux user, log in as that user, source the greenplum_loaders_path.sh file and try again.