Pivotal Knowledge Base

Follow

Pivotal Support Customer Update Vol. 7

In This Issue

Pivotal Cloud Foundry Upgrade Automation

Want to avoid error-prone manual fixes? See our video on automated delivery; setup in minutes and brings value to your platform forever.

intelligence_icon.png Top Knowledge Base Articles

Here are the Knowledge Base articles to help Cloud and Database Admins to improve productivity with Pivotal products. If you have any questions, you can write to gss-km@pivotal.io

PivotalCloudFoundry_Logo_Horizontal_OnLight.png

A library to apply YAML versions of RFC6902 patches: https://github.com/krishicks/yaml-patch
Useful documentation from PCF: Create UAA Clients for Bosh Director

PivotalCloudFoundry_Logo_Horizontal_OnLight.png 

Apps and Services 

Use Docs: Reference Architecture for Pivotal Cloud Foundry on OpenStack

Pivotal-Greenplum-Logo-FullColor.png
Pivotal-HDB-Logo-FullColor.png

Product Updates

Here's a quick view of recent software updates and upcoming End Of General Support dates to help ensure that you are running the current release of your software. Please review to check if any of your products are listed here. You can find our Pivotal Support Lifecycle Policy which includes our Pivotal Lifecycle Matrix here. This page was last updated on 5/15/17.

New Releases  
Product Date
Pivotal Greenplum 4.3.13.0 4/27/17
Pivotal Greenplum 5.0.0-alpha.3 5/8/17
Security Releases  
Product Date
Pivotal RabbitMQ 3.6.9 5/1/17
Latest Stemcell Security Releases 5/2017
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime 1.10.8 5/4/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime 1.9.21 5/6/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime 1.8.43 5/5/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operations Manager 1.10.6 4/27/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operations Manager 1.9.11 4/27/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operations Manager 1.8.20 4/27/17
Recent and Upcoming End of General Support  
Product Date
Pivotal Greenplum Text 1.2.x 5/31/17
Pivotal Greenplum Text 1.3.x 5/31/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry 1.8 6/30/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Metrics 1.1.x 6/30/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry JM Bridge 1.8 6/30/17
MySQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry 1.8x 6/30/17
MySQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry 1.7x 6/30/17
IPsec Add-on for PCF 1.5.x 6/30/17
Pivotal Web Server 5.5.x 7/15/17
Pivotal Web Server 6.1.x 7/15/17
Pivotal Web Server 6.2.x 7/15/17
Pivotal Web Server 6.3.x 7/15/17
Pivotal HDP 2.3.x 7/22/17
Pivotal Push Notification 1.x 7/31/17
Spring XD 1.x 7/31/17
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Service Broker for AWS 1.0.x 8/31/17
Pivotal GemFire 8.0.x 8/31/17
Pivotal GemFire 8.1.x 8/31/17

Cloud Foundry Security Update
In April 2017, the PCF team released patches and notices for 63 CVEs. More information can be found at http://pivotal.io/security. The most recent security releases for PCF include:
  • PCF Elastic Runtime 1.8.43, 1.9.21 and 1.10.8
  • PCF Operations Manager 1.8.20, 1.9.11 and 1.10.6

Note: PCF 1.8x will reach end of general support on 6/30/2017. Spring XD will reach End of Availability, End of Support, End of Life on 7/31/2017.

See our KB article on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Buildpack Changes for Elastic Runtime 1.8+.

Check out our Pivotal Cloud Foundry Partner Services that are published, supported, and maintained by our Partners. Here are the latest: 
Explore, download, and update Pivotal software and services at Pivotal Network.

Pivotal Teams Up with Pluralsight

Pivotal Training is excited to announce we have officially partnered with Pluralsight - a subscription-based learning platform that features thousands of technical courses, assessments and more. Pivotal will offer our self-paced developer courses exclusively through the Pluralsight platform, including Pivotal Cloud Foundry Developer, Pivotal Greenplum Developer and Pivotal GemFire Developer. 

Learn more about the Pluralsight platform and our course offerings by visiting the Pivotal webpage today. 

Earn Your Spring Certification Today

Pivotal Training has introduced an exciting update to our Certification Program. Effective immediately, experienced Java developers - with extensive Spring knowledge - have the ability to purchase individual Spring Certification Exams direct from Pivotal! This enhancement allows you and your team to attempt a Spring exam independent of formal training

As always, the best way to prepare for a certification exam is to attend the corresponding Spring course. However, our new policy makes proving your Spring expertise even more accessible.

Check-out Paul Chapman's blog highlighting the latest Spring curriculum and certification program changes.   

Support News

Pivotal Business Critical Support
A proven and personal approach to supporting Mission Critical Solutions based on Pivotal Technologies. Learn more here.

Pivotal Support is pleased to provide our clients with more convenient, toll-free Support phone numbers in the following countries:

• Australia: 1800 164 939
  • Brazil: 0800 892 2351
  • China: 400 120 3358
  • France: 0800 90 34 69
  • Germany: 800 1840221
  • India: 000 80010 09235
  • Italy: 800 871 569
  • Japan: 0120-914-211
  • Spain: 900 967 885
  • Switzerland: 0800890735
  • UK: 0808 178 3015
  • USA: 1-877-477-2269*
We are here for you, 24x7x365. The best place to go for Pivotal Knowledge Base and Support ticket information: https://support.pivotal.io

*This number is global. Tolls will apply when dialed from outside the USA.

Social Square

Pivotal is transforming how the world builds and supports software. See how we do it by following us on InstagramTwitter and YouTube

Have you seen this on Twitter?

Here are links to some of our AWESOME blogs, podcasts and webinars!

Blogs:

Podcasts:

Webinars:

Upcoming Events Featuring Pivotal

Upcoming Events:

All Events

You can see all upcoming events here!

Meet Your Support Expert

Meet Jinju, a Customer Service Representative for Pivotal Support

jinju.pngI work at the Pivotal Shanghai office. It is a cool looking building where you have a great view of the city, especially at sunset. I’m a Customer Service Representative (CSR). I'm exceptionally good with Korean customers because I speak Korean and write in Hangul. I enjoy helping the customer, so I make every effort to engage the right resource for each customer request.

When I’m not working I am baking and the Shanghai team samples my creations. They are never afraid of tasting my new red velvet, pumpkin, chocolate chip, blueberry, strawberry cupcakes, lemon madeleine and green tea cookies.

I am proud to be a part of Pivotal Support because the team has a positive attitude and puts the customer's experience first. We always help each other and share any useful information, instead of discussing which job should be whose, people here love to say "I can help!".

Comments

Mary Tsang

This is awesome. Great to have Jinju on our team.