- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Version 1.10
- VMware vCenter Server Version 6.0.x
When cloning a virtual machine (VM) using BOSH, it starts creating missing VMs, and the following error occurs:
Failed: Unknown CPI error 'Unknown' with message 'A general system error occurred:
PBM error occurred during PreCloneCheckCallback:
Connection reset by peer' in 'create_vm' CPI method
This error occurs when the Profile-Driven Storage service is not running or is not accepting connections.
To resolve the issue, ensure that the Profile-Driven Storage service is running. You can either stop and start or restart the VMware services.
For vCenter Server Appliance
- Run this command to check the status of the service
service vmware-sps status
- Run this command to stop the vmware-sps service
service vmware-sps stop
- Run this command to start the vmware-sps service
service vmware-sps start
Note- You can either perform the above steps to stop and start the VMware services or just follow the step below to restart the services.
- Run this command to restart the vmware-sps service
service vmware-sps restart