- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) 2.0
- BOSH DNS
User apps fail due to an inability to resolve DNS.
In PCF v2.0, application containers look up services using the BOSH DNS service discovery mechanism. This feature is beta in PCF v2.0. If BOSH DNS is not operating correctly, applications fail due to problems with DNS resolution.
Pivotal recommends that you redeploy PCF v2.0 with BOSH DNS disabled. Perform the following procedure:
- In the Ops Manager Director tile, select the Director Config screen.
- Select the Disable BOSH DNS server for troubleshooting purposes option.
- Click Apply Changes.
If you disable BOSH DNS, the following features and products are no longer supported in PCF v2.0 and may not operate correctly.
- VMware NSX-T Networking Support
- Pivotal Container Service (PKS)
- Secure Service Instance Credentials for Pivotal Application Service (PAS)