- Pivotal Greenplum Database (GPDB) 4.2.x
- Operating System- All supported
With reimaged/re-installation of the master server or a new installation of the Greenplum DCA, an error message is thrown when starting or stopping Pivotal Greenplum:
[ERROR]:-Exception running dca initialization but GPDB instance is fine
When starting Greenplum on an EMC Greenplum Data Computing Appliance, the database software tries to create a callhome file to report stopping or starting the database.
When no /opt/greenplum/serialnumber file is found, or this file is not accessible to the user, gpadmin creates this message as a warning.
- Obtain the correct EMC Data Computing Appliance serial number (Should be on the label attached to the top of the server).
- Populate the /opt/greenplum/serialnumber.
- Make sure this file is readable by the user gpadmin.