This article provides information on the support available for open source Apache Tomcat. It also provides information on the support methodology and supported platforms.
Supported Apache Tomcat Components
- Apache Tomcat
Pivotal supports the latest released versions of open-source Apache Tomcat 6.0 and 7.0 and maintenance releases of those versions (6.0 and 7.0) that were released no more than 12 months prior to the release date of the latest versions.
- Ubuntu (latest stable release and current long-term support release)
- Debian (latest stable release)
- RHEL, CentOS, Fedora (latest stable release)
- Mac OS X 10.6 and later
- Microsoft Windows XP and later
Additional Supported Platforms
- Other Debian-based Linux operating systems (latest stable release)
- Other RPM-based Linux operating systems (latest stable release)
- OpenSUSE, SLES, and derived (latest stable release)
- x86 Solaris 10
- Sparc Solaris 10
- Pivotal provides users with support to configure their Java environment for use with Apache Tomcat. However, Pivotal does not provide a commercial SLA for supporting issues with the Java runtime.
- Support for Apache Tomcat is provided when it is configured with Oracle JDK versions 6 and 7. On a case-by-case basis, Pivotal will make reasonable efforts to support Apache Tomcat when it is configured with other Java Runtimes
Support Methodology for Apache Tomcat
- Pivotal will attempt to reproduce and resolve any reported issues on reference platforms.
- If an issue specific to a platform that is not on the reference platform list arises, Pivotal may require direct access to the customer's environment to diagnose the issue.
Support Offered for Apache Tomcat
- For all supported versions of open source Apache Tomcat, Pivotal provides technical assistance for the software, including the installation and configuration of the software. When purchased, Pivotal will provide developer guidance and recommendations on the usage of the software.
- For Severity Level 1 and Severity Level 2 software bugs and security vulnerabilities, Pivotal will investigate and devote reasonable efforts and resources to the verification, analysis, response, temporary avoidance, and full resolution and correction of the issue.