Writing a support request for vFabric Enterprise Ready Server (ERS) (2003507)
This article is intended to supplement Writing a great support request for vFabric/SpringSource products (1037412) for the specific case of an ERS support request. Use this information to help resolve your support request as quickly as possible, or to possibly self-diagnose the issue yourself.
These are the most important bits of information required for support requests: :
- Full configuration and logs for all server instances
- A list of any customizations to your installation (other than configuration files)
- The server version your instance is using (For example, Apache httpd 2.2.17 or Tomcat 6.0.32)
- A description of the server environment, including (if present):
- proxy servers
- load balancers
- clustering with other instances
- network storage used
- database usage
- anything else unusual
- Description of usage:
- purpose of the system
- typical traffic (requests/second, bandwidth usage)
- traffic patterns (usage spikes, user patterns)
- OS version
- (Unix/Linux) the output of "uname -a"
- (Windows) Windows version and update level
- Filesystem layout for the system
- (Unix/Linux) the output of "df"
- Any network storage on the system
- Version of the JVM used with Tomcat - the output of "java -version"
- For problems specific to an application under Tomcat, include the complete project source code (or an example project that can be used to reproduce the problem), and instructions for building.