- Pivotal Greenplum (GPDB) all versions
- DCA 2.0
- Linus Kernel version 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6 and 2.6.32-431.el6
xfsaildis in I/O sleep (output from ps -efly | grep xfsaild, show state = 'D')
- The load on the affected segment node increases over time
- The GPDB sessions also get stuck in uninterruptible sleep (ps -efly | grep ^D )
- The database cannot be stopped, nor is it able to recover from a PANIC
This is due to a confirmed bug with the Linux kernel. Details of the bug are available from this Red Hat article.
The only solution is to upgrade your kernel to version 2.6.32-431.el6 or higher. This fix is included in all versions of DCA software 22.214.171.124 and later.