Pivotal Knowledge Base

Follow

PivotalVRP F.A.Q.

Below you can find a selection of frequently asked questions.

Should you want to add content (or ask something new) feel free to send your comment/question to gerez@pivotal.io.

Q: Can PivotalVRP monitor several GPDB environments?

A: No, each GPDB/HAWQ environment needs to have its own PivotalVRP server.

Q: Can I view performance of several GPDB environments?

A: Yes, as long as each environment has its own PivotalVRP server, you can open up several tabs in your browser, each viewing a different DB environment.

Q: If I upgrade my GPDB environment, from a 1/2 rack to a 3/4 rack, can I still use my PivotalVRP server?

A: Yes, as long as the pg_hba.conf files are updated on the additional segments and agents have been installed on the added servers, you can add the new segments to the hosts file and re-run the auto-connect from the PivotalVRP settings window.  Make sure that the PivotalVRP server meets the minimum requirements for the upgraded environment before connecting.  For more info about that use the following: https://support.pivotal.io/hc/en-us/articles/203935038-Pivotal-VRP-Prerequisite-document-GPDB

Q: I have an older version of PivotalVRP (6.0.0.x and earlier), is it possible to upgrade my PivotalVRP?

A: Yes, for GPDB environments, if you are a current PivotalVRP user, the latest available release is 6.0.1.x.  You can either ask your Pivotal FE or contact support through Zendesk for more information.

Q: I want to upgrade my GPDB environment, will PivotalVRP still be able to monitor my DB?

A: Yes, as long as you make sure the agents are running and the pg_hba.conf files on all segments are still intact, PivotalVRP will still monitor your DB.

Comments