- PHD 2.X
The following error message is seen when running icm_client start -l cluster-name
“[ERROR] Failed to start the cluster. Reason: Server error: External Hdfs service is not running“
However, Isilon HDFS is actually running.
Here is the logic for icm_client to check if HDFS is up when isilon is enabled:
- SSH into Resource Manager host
- Run command "sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -ls hdfs://isi-smartconnect-hostname/"
- if fs list fails then return status DOWN
- Log into PCC node
- SSH into RM host
- If it prompts for a password, then you need to exchange the SSH keys again to allow passwordless SSH into RM host
- If hdfs fs command fails, investigate further the returned error