- Pivotal Greenplum (GPDB) 4.3.x
- OS RHEL 6.x
This article explain on issues in configuring Master (mdw) and Standby (smdw) servers. Similar searches are explained on below link:
This is specific to one particular Error :
"ERROR","XX000","could not connect to the primary server: FATAL: invalid command-line argument for server process: dbname=replication (gp_libpqwalreceiver.c:81)","HINT: Try ""postgres --help"" for more information.",,,,,,0,,"gp_libpqwalreceiver.c",81
Invalid entries in recovery.conf file placed under Standby (smdw) data directory with entries related to "client_min_messages=ERROR"
- Checked to see the recovery.conf file placed under standby master data directory causing the issue.
- File had entry related to "client_min_messages=ERROR"
- Removed Invalid entries from that file.
- Check the mdw and smdw process status for a while. If there are no active transactions then try to perform preliminary tests (to be sure it generates transaction to track the status)
- Standby master and master are in sync.