Pivotal Cloud Foundry® (PCF) Version 1.6 and above
The purpose of this article is to illustrate how to add new datastores to be used with existing datastores within the same datacenter and resource pool. For help on migrating between datastores, please read the KB on Datastore Migration
Backup your environment
- Ensure your PCF environment is fully backed up. Please refer to the documentation on backing up PCF.
Check System Health
- Check the Elastic Runtime Status tab and make sure that there are no errors.
- Check the Status page for each of your tiles and make sure that there are no issues reported.
Ops Manager Director
- Check that there are no pending changes and that all the tiles are green.
- Make sure the last Installation Log does not contain any errors.
- Click "Apply Changes" (before starting) to make sure that there are no errors in the Installation Log.
Add the additional datastores
- In your Ops Manager, click on the tile for the Ops Manager.
- This should bring you to the IaaS Configuration section of the Settings tab.
- In the textbox labeled "Datastore Names (comma delimited)", add the new datastore(s) to the comma-delimited list.
- Click the "Save Settings" button on the bottom of the page.
- FOR PCF 1.7.x & Later Versions: Check the "Recreate all VMs" box under the Director Tile, Director Config section of the settings tab, and then click "Save Settings".
- Go back to the main page of Ops Manager, and click the "Apply Changes" button.
- FOR PCF 1.6: Once the “Apply Changes” has finished, run `bosh deployment <cf-xxx.yml>` followed by `bosh deploy --recreate`. This will recreate the PCF virtual machines (VMs) and divide the disks amongst all the datastores that the Ops Manager is configured to use.
NOTE: If the environment has any single points of failure, this could cause outages. Please refer to the documentation on High Availability for PCF. Please also check the configuration necessary for each of your tiles to achieve High Availability.