Ops Manager Version 1.7.x
With the introduction of PCF 1.7 comes the ability to configure an HTTP Proxy to be used by Ops Manager, Ops Manager Director and Elastic runtime when the components talk to the API of your IaaS (AWS, OpenStack, Azure). This is often required by company security policies and regulations. Presently this configuration option can only be set on the initial installation, but this KB article walks through the current method for changing these settings.
The HTTP Proxy settings (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY & NO_PROXY) are stored in the database. The following steps can be used to update the values in the database.
- SSH to the Ops Manager VM.
- To get access to the database run sudo su - tempest-web -s /bin/bash -c 'psql tempest_production'
- Run the following SQL queries to update the HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY and NO_PROXY settings.
- UPDATE proxy_settings SET http_proxy = '<NEW HTTP PROXY>' WHERE id = 1;
- UPDATE proxy_settings SET https_proxy = '<NEW HTTPS PROXY>' WHERE id = 1;
- UPDATE proxy_settings SET no_proxy = '<NEW NO PROXY>' WHERE id = 1;
- Run this command to confirm the settings have been updated: \d proxy_settings
You do not need to restart Ops Manager or the tempest-web process after making these changes. They should take effect immediately.
The risk of this change is low, but because it requires editing the database manually it is strongly recommended that you take a back up of the database first.
The command sudo su - tempest-web -s /bin/bash -c 'pg_dump tempest_production > /tmp/tempest_production.sql' will dump the SQL to a file on the disk.
It can then be restored with sudo su - tempest-web -s /bin/bash -c 'psql tempest_production < /tmp/tempest_production.sql' .
As of the current release of Ops Manager, it is only possible to configure these settings when you initially install Ops Manager. There is a story in the backlog to make this configurable at any time. Until then, this KB describes how to manually change these settings.
There is a feature narrative that describes the proxy settings in more detail here. The target for this is Ops Manager Version 1.8.