Pivotal Web Services (PWS): All versions
You would like to change the password on your PWS account.
There are two ways of changing the password in PWS. You can change your password directly from your PWS account or via CLI (Command Line Interface).
To change your password, follow these steps
- Log-in to your PWS account at https://login.run.pivotal.io/login
- Click on the small triangle facing down in the upper right corner, and select My Account from the drop down menu
- Click on 'Security' Tab
- You will now see three boxes to be filled in: Current Password, New Password, Confirm Password
- Change your password by providing all of the required password information
- Complete the process by clicking on ''Change Password' Button
- Once your password has been changed, you will see a green confirmation message displayed on the screen
CLI (Command Line Interface)
- Run the command “cf passwd” in the CLI. You will need to input your current password when prompted to change your password
- Please note, you will be prompted to log back into your account complete the password change process
For a full list of all PWS CLI commands, input "cf help" or "cf -h."
Please note that changing your password will not expire any existing OAuth2 tokens. This means that if you are currently logged in using your old password with the cf command line utility, the Developer Console, the Login Server or any other component, like a service provider will remain logged into the system. When the token expires for those services, you'll be asked to log in again. At that point, you'll need to use your new credentials.