|Pivotal GemFire Tile||1.5|
As the GemFire Tile version 1.5 can be a bit complex, here are a few things to watch out for:
- Make sure to upgrade the GemFire CF CLI plugin to version 1.5 before attempting the deployment/upgrade. The documentation clearly states that this needs to be done, however, it is in small print.
- GF Tile 1.5 cannot be deployed as a rolling upgrade. Again, this clearly stated, but in the small print.
- Issue a bosh stop command using the GemFire CF Deployment file.
- After all the VMs have stopped, run the bosh deploy command using the GemFire CF deployment manifest that references the version 1.5 tile.
- Issue a bosh start command using the GF CF deployment manifest.
This process can take one min per operation, per GemFire VM. In a PCF cluster with 10 locators, total, and 30 servers, this could easily take two hours, if not more. It is important that the BOSH deploy task is not interrupted or you could end up in a problematic situation.
This procedure should fix most observed issues that can occur during this upgrade, so, if this process has not been followed, it should be started from the beginning.