- Pivotal Greenplum Database (GPDB) 4.3.x
- Greenplum Command Center (GPCC) 126.96.36.199 and above
- After verifying that the username and password are correct when trying to log on to GPCC, the error message "Incorrect username/password" is seen.
- The following errors are seen in the Master logs:
2016-06-27 14:27:41,741 - Checking trust login for gpmon on db gpperfmon, host localhost, port :5432 2016-06-27 14:27:41,750 - Trust login not allowed. User gpmon has trust login enabled 2016-06-27 14:27:41,751 - Authentication failed user(gpmon) allow_trust_logon(False): Incorrect username/password
The gpperfmonui.conf parameter allow_trust_logon is set to "no" and the user (or all users) is a trusted user. This means that it refuses to let you log on as you are trying as a trusted user.
On checking the pg_hba.conf file, you should see that you as a user or all users are trusted:
host all all 127.0.0.1/28 trust
<user> all all 127.0.0.1/28 trust
Follow the steps to resolve this issue:
- Remove the trusted user line from the pg_hba.conf and replace it with md5
- Turn the "allow_trust_logon = yes" in the gpperfmonui.conf for the instance you are logging on to.