A: The Pivotal Support Portal provides Pivotal software customers with the following:
- Fastest support for Pivotal software.
- Ability to register at the Pivotal Network for notification of new software releases.
- Easy access to Pivotal product documentation.
- Search Knowledge Base articles written by Pivotal engineers.
- Gain insight into Pivotal’s software support offerings and policies.
A: Go to Pivotal Support and create a new account using your Pivotal Customer Number (PCN) or Location Reference Number (LRN).
- Registering with the PCN/LRN correctly expedites case handling.
- Step-by-step registration instructions with visuals are available at How to Register for Pivotal Support or watch a short video.
- You may also request a personal, 15-30 minute Support Onboarding overview with Pivotal’s Customer Support Team (email email@example.com or call +1 877.477.2269).
A: Your Location Reference Number (LRN) or Pivotal Customer Number (PCN) was provided in your Order Confirmation. (These numbers are different from EMC’s Site ID numbers.) If you do not have access to your Order Confirmation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 877.477.2269, and we will be happy to assist.
A: No, please use your corporate email address when registering.
A: Yes. Pivotal Support requires a separate, one-time registration with the Location Reference Number (LRN) or Pivotal Customer Number (PCN) whether you are a new or an existing customer.
A: If you wish to work with Pivotal Support Engineers and/or you will create, monitor, or update your company’s tickets, it is important to register for both the Pivotal Network and Pivotal Support as they both have something to offer Pivotal customers:
- The Pivotal Network or “PivNet” is where you will find software downloads, product documentation, and release notes, and/or sign up to be alerted when new product updates and product advisories are released. Users may also access the Pivotal Support Knowledge Base through PivNet.
- Pivotal Support is your online resource for engaging with Pivotal’s support engineers. It is the one place you can manage, monitor, and update your Pivotal Product Support tickets. The support portal is continuously improving and is the home of Pivotal Knowledge Base articles, Pivotal support discussions, and more.
A: It is likely you already have a Pivotal Support account, created via other channels (Pivotal Web Services, Pivotal Network, Documentation). Please sign-in using the same email address and reset the password.
A: Please register with one Location Reference Number (LRN) or Pivotal Customer Number (PCN). Contact email@example.com if you have more than one LRN or PCN.
Q11: My organisation's Firewall prevents me from accessing the Pivotal Support Portal, how can I submit a ticket?
A: In this event, you can email the customer service team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and they can pass the ticket through to the appropriate team. Just be sure to add a detailed problem description, Product and the Severity.
TRAINING: LEARNING TO USE THE PIVOTAL SUPPORT PORTAL
A: Yes. Please contact customer service and we will walk you through the registration process. You can request a personal 15-30 minute Support Onboarding overview with Pivotal’s Customer Service Team (email email@example.com or call +1 877.477.2269). Your session will include:
- How to Register with Pivotal Support
- How to create a service ticket
- How to contact Customer Service
- How to Escalate a Case
- Pivotal's Service Level Objectives
- Time for questions and feedback
OPENING TICKETS WITH PIVOTAL SUPPORT
A: As soon as you complete the registration process with Pivotal Support, you can open a ticket directly with Pivotal Support at support.pivotal.io.
A: A Service Request is EMC’s term for a support ticket. Pivotal Support simply refers to these as tickets.
A: No. While it will still be possible to call EMC at 1-800-SVC-4EMC, there will be a slight delay as your call is routed back to Pivotal Support.
Q18: How do I reset my Pivotal Support password?
A: First, sign-in to the Support Portal at support.pivotal.io. Next, click on the top right under your User Name, and select User Profile to edit.
A: Please send a description of the problem and include the error messages and screenshots to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPORT FOR EMC DATA COMPUTING APPLIANCE (DCA)
A: Please note recommendations, below:
- If you clearly have a DCA hardware problem or if you are unsure whether you have a hardware or a Pivotal software problem, please open a service request via support.emc.com, or call 1.800.SVC.4EMC
- If you have a Pivotal software-only issue related to Pivotal Hadoop or Greenplum Database, please open a ticket with Pivotal Support (no need to open a service request with EMC).