|Pivotal Cloud Foundry® (PCF)||1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11|
|IaaS||vSphere, OpenStack, AWS, GCP, Azure|
Customer installs cfops (PCF backup and restore tool) in their environment and is running into issues while executing a backup or restore.
- Error Messages:
- createCliCommand.go:49] there was an error: invalid director credentials running backup on elastic-runtime tile:tile
- Error connecting to director using %s, UserId-[%s] and Password[%s]
- Error connecting to server %v dial tcp 192.0.2.0:25555: getsockopt: connection timed out
- Execute the cfops backup command with debug mode enabled. "LOG_LEVEL=debug ./cfops backup"
- Debug mode will reveal the full error output. This is likely caused by communication issues preventing the backup from running.
- ER backup requires port 25555 open to establish communication with the director VM.
- Install cfops on the Ops Manager VM and execute the cfops elastic runtime backup again. If the command is successful then a firewall is blocking communication from the jumpbox to the pcf instances. Open the port specified in the debug error output.
Follow the checklist above and resolve issues if found. Please open a ticket with Pivotal Support if unable to identify the problem using the steps above.
How to Check for Ports Listening in Linux: netstat -an | grep -i listen