- Pivotal Greenplum Database (GPDB) 4.3.x
- Operating System- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
GPHDFS failed with below error when the user is trying to insert data to an external table:
ERROR: external table gphdfs protocol command ended with error. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't get Kerberos realm (seg137 bdtcstr31n2:40001 pid=40718)
Following instructions need to be verified to correct the ERROR:
- Check /etc/krb5.conf on every node(master as well as Segment) and make sure the correct realm(s) are there for account
- Make sure klist, kinit, and hdfs -ls commands are working on the Clusters.
- JAVA version should be the same on all the nodes, if it is not, ensure to correct it.
After verifying above if you are still not able to resolve the issue, further investigation is required to look into the issue
Refer to Understanding GPHDFS Configurations for more information on GPHDFS.