- Pivotal Greenplum Database (GPDB) 4.3.x
- Pivotal Greenplum Command Center (GPCC) 2.x
- Operating System- All supported
When loading the webpage of one GPCC instance, it shows gray login page with a message “Greenplum database is down. Contact database administrator to start it.”
Following is a screenshot which illustrates the problem.
The GPCC instance is managing a remote GPDB cluster and it fails to get cluster state by running some command remotely on the master host of GPDB cluster via ssh.
Upon being loaded GPCC web console will keep checking if the GPDB cluster is running or not by executing below command.
ssh -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no" master_hostname "ls -1 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.master_port | grep PGSQL"
Note: Replace master_hostname and master_port with settings configured in gpperfmonui.conf of GPCC instance. For example,
[gpadmin@mdw conf]$ cat gpperfmonui.conf
master_port = 5432
master_hostname = 10.152.9.24 ......
The ssh command requires password-less login to remote GPDB master host. However, password-less login is not set up in this case so it fails to run ssh command and returns an error. Hence the problem occurs.
Follow the steps to resolve this issue:
- Setup password-less login to remote GPDB master host if it has not been done.
- Once the password-less login is working normally, run the ssh command as illustrated below and verify a successful result
[gpadmin@mdw conf]$ ssh -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no" 10.152.9.24 "ls -1 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 | grep PGSQL"