When editing alert notifications in Ambari,
- The modifications are not saved in the configuration after clicking on save.
- Sometimes the "Save" button becomes inactive, and the "Edit Notification" window needs to be "Canceled."
The issue can occur when Alert Notifications are modified when a service is stopped, or if a host running one of the services is not sending Ambari agent heartbeats.
Restart the Ambari server to allow notification edits with the following steps:
- Log in to the host running the Ambari server as root user.
- Run: "ambari-server restart".
- Log in once again to the Ambari web user interface.
- Wait some time to allow all Ambari agents to send a heartbeat to the Ambari server.
- Once all Ambari Agents have contacted the Ambari server, it should be possible to edit the notifications.
A bug has been reported to resolve this issue.