RabbitMQ for Pivotal Cloud Foundry 1.5 and above
This article provides a troubleshooting guide for when you are unable to delete or create RabbitMQ Service instances.
When attempting to delete or create a RabbitMQ service instance, it fails with the error message:
cf delete-service rabbitmq-service-instance
Really delete the service rabbitmq-service-instance?> yes
Deleting servicerabbitmq-service-instance in org ORG / space SPACE as USER..
Server error, status code: 502, error code: 10001, message: Service instance order-api-rabbitmqold: The service broker rejected the request to https://pivotal-rabbitmq-broker.domain/v2/service_instances/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX. Status Code: 404 Not Found, Body: 404 Not Found: Requested route ('pivotal-rabbitmq-broker.domain') does not exist.
Following are the few reasons for why the RabbitMQ service broker is unable to process the request:
- RabbitMQ service broker encountered an error during serving the request.
- RabbitMQ service broker is not up and running.
- Rabbit Virtual Machines (VMs) are in an unknown state.
Following are the troubleshooting steps you can take to ensure your RabbitMQ service broker is up and running:
- Try running
cf purge-service-instance rabbitmq-service-instanceto see if it successfully deletes the instance. If not, proceed to the next steps.
- Check the health of the VMs by using the command
bosh cck. If Bosh CCK did a repair on the Rabbit Tile VMs successfully, try to create/delete RabbitMQ service and see if that resolves the issue. If Bosh CCK reported a problem but is unable to repair it, please contact Pivotal Support.
- If Bosh CCK did not report any problems, go to Ops Manager console -> RabbitMQ Tile -> Status Tab. Check if all the VMs have been assigned to the specific IP. If the IPs show "unknown" under the IP column, create the VMs using
bosh recreate <job> <index>.Try to create or delete the service and see if this resolves the issue.
- Check the jobs with RabbitMQ service broker. Do Monit summary and see if rabbitMQ-broker and broker-route-register are running:
- If it is not running, try to run the processes by using monit start <job>. If the job starts successfully, try to create or delete a Rabbit service and see if the issue is resolved.
- If any of the processes are unable to start successfully, contact Pivotal Support.
- If the job(s) are already running, check the RabbitMQ service broker logs for the errors and contact Pivotal Support.