Pivotal Web Services (PWS): All versions
This article outlines credit card issues that PWS users may encounter. There are two scenarios where users may experience issues with their credit card.
There are two scenarios where users may experience issues with their credit card
- Entering your credit card information in the billing section of PWS ends up failing and returns the error message “General decline of the card”
- You receive an email from Pivotal Web Services indicating that they were unable to charge your credit card
When a card authorization fails, Pivotal is informed via your card provider that they have declined the charge. Due to security reasons, and to ensure the protection of the privacy of your credit card account information, this is the only information banks will provide to third party companies trying to charge your card.
As a result of this, the PWS team is unable to establish/provide the exact reason for why this issue occurs.
We recommend reviewing your card information such as the complete name, card number, and expiration date, as well as the billing address related to the card and update any incorrect information if needed. If your credit card billing information is correct, and the card is still declining the charge, you will need to contact your credit card company for more details.
Some financial institutions may have very aggressive fraud detection rules and automatically decline online payments. Also, some international cards must be authorized to make online charges.
Please let us know if your credit card company can do something to prevent them from declining the charge and if you need us to retry the payment on the current card manually.
The following are some of the known causes of why a credit card authorization fails
- Your credit card may have an insufficient credit limit to make the charge successful. In this case, try using a different credit card
- The address information you have entered does not match the address information on file with your credit card company. Please ensure that the address information on the PWS billing page matches the information you have on file with your credit card company
- Your card may have encountered recent increased activity and has been flagged for suspicious activity. Please contact your credit card company to authorize the charge
We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express cards only.
Your credit or debit card must be from one of the accepted card providers above and be able to be processed as a credit card.
You must be able to provide the Credit Card Verification Number (CVN), on the back of the credit card.
Due to the nature of credit card transactions, there are times when a card may not be authorized. You may need to retry on different days in order to get an authorization. We apologize for the inconvenience.