3 followers Follow

ClientHealthMonitor: Unregistering client in CacheServer

HI,

I'm writing because I found a strange behavior in my System.
Today I have in my System 700 client that are connected to a CacheServer. And In the logs I was watching this message

ClientHealthMonitor: Unregistering client with member id identity ......

All the time, the Cache server is Unregistering and Registering clients for some reason that I unknown and this is doing that my clients lost connection with the cacheserver.
Why this happen?

Juan Manuel Romera Ferrio

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Each client has a pool of connections and based on how many requests are made the usage of the pool can grow and shrink. For instance if your client registers interest there is a connection dedicated to handling the continuous result set. There is at least one additional connection for request/reply traffic, and if your client is multi-threaded there can be more than one of those. If that's what you are seeing, your clients shouldn't even be noticing anything, but you are seeing it in the logs because your log level is higher than "warning". Are your clients in any way noticing any problems?

Michael Stolz 0 votes

The problem is I have in my clients a UniversalMembershipListenerAdapter, and the memberLeft with an event of the cacheServer is called when a Unregistering client is happpen, and I'm using that for know the connection status.

Juan Manuel Romera Ferrio 0 votes

Is this happening with all your clients? For the ones it is happening to, what is your client pool configuration? Are these clients doing operations (puts/gets), subscriptions or both? It sounds like connections are being created and then idle-timed out. If the last connection from that client to a server is closed, that ClientHealthMonitor message is logged. You can try setting idle-timeout=-1 in your pool to disable it.

Barry Oglesby 0 votes