2 followers Follow

Distributed System shutDown Hook

HI

To evoid loading id already cached I put 20 records in a map and then cached the map....

System goes faster and suddently after 800.000 records casched (x20) I get the following error, but without block the pc or slow...

Exception in thread "UDP Incoming Message Handler" Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "TimeScheduler.Thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Thread-2 StatSampler"

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "UDP mcast receiver"

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Distributed system shutdown hook"

I followed the instruction from this post about the xml setting:
https://support.gopivotal.com/hc/communities/public/questions/201106193-XML-ERROR-HEAP-SPACE-OVERFLOW#answer-203865407

and this post is the result

Thanks

keep in mind that they are more then 100Millions of trandactions to cache....

Regards

Fabio Simon

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

What kind of eviction are you using? Overflow-to-disk or destroy? If overflow, keep in mind that keys and entries are always in memory. Only values are overflowed to disk. I guess we'd need to see your GemFire stats and log files to see whats going on. Can you make those available?

Barry Oglesby 0 votes

HI Thanks

this is the xml

<region-attributes>
<eviction-attributes>
<lru-entry-count maximum="700000" action="overflow-to-disk"/>
</eviction-attributes>
</region-attributes>

but I tried both overflow and destroy.....

I would like a thing that after n records everything will be casched, otherwise it wouldnt have any sense to build a structure like gemfire.
So the only way is to give arguments to VM like -Xmx ?

Thank you......

Fabio Simon 0 votes